gcc + kvm + 64 bit ? confused :-/

From: Benjamin Budts
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 06:09:52 EST

Hi all,

question...

I'm a bit confused using the -march=xxx options for gcc when using a kernel virtual machine...
Getting errors on smp when using the -march=nocoma for gcc... possibly because smp is not fully supported yet I suppse.

I guess my question is, when installing kvm, is the virtual machine 64 bit capable or should I install 32 bit OS ?

I installed an amd64 debian image and it seems to be running fine...except for the problem mentioned above.

And what type of architecture do i have to mention with gcc in a kvm ? march ... arch...

thx !

karnak:/usr/local/src/sendmail-8.14.1# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 2
model name : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.0
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 1994.974
cache size : 128 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall lm up pni
bogomips : 3929.02
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: