Re: Kconfig troubles when using menuconfig - Was: [patch]Re: [linux-usb-devel] linux-2.6.22-rc5-gf1518a0 build #300 failed in zc0301_core.c

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 19:49:50 EST

Hi,

On 6/23/07, Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:

> Yup, so how / why am I wrong? I was making the point that a
> "menuconfig" does not have code associated with it.

Which is wrong, it's not and will not be limited to this.

But why? Let it do just one thing, and do it well. Is their
any requirement anywhere that requires us to give a dual
meaning to these menuconfig objects -- i.e. to also control
the inclusion / exclusion of code from the kernel as well as
also for the presentation + user interface purpose that it
currently serves?

Satyam