Re: Writing a driver for a legacy serial device

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 15:47:55 EST

On 6/21/07, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK. This leads me to a question: is it OK for me to add support for my
non-input device to inputattach, or is a separate, dedicated helper
tool preferred? Both ways are fine with me, I don't know what the input
subsystem maintainers expect.

Your device does not need any initialization done by userspace, does
it? How widespread is this device? inputattach has "--dump" option
which sets up a SERIO_RS232/0/0/0 serio port. You could mark your
serio driver as manual bind driver and bind it trhough sysfs (echo -n
"taos-evm" /sys/device/serio/devices/serioX/drvctl to bind it).

--
Dmitry