Re: Machine Check Exception: 0...04

From: Joachim Deguara
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 02:13:40 EST

On Saturday 16 June 2007 22:40:53 Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> Hello All , Does anoyone know howto identify a cause for these(*) ?
> Or of any tools to help in the identification of the cause ?
> So far the Machine checks only happen when I am running bonnie++ against
> my software raid6 array .

You should run mcelog to decode what the machine checks mean. These do point
to a hardware problem. Just briefly judging from you description of when
the MCEs happen I wonder if the power supply is getting maxed out driving all
of those disks. Either way, use mcelog to find out what the MCEs are first.

-Joachim