Re: NUMA BOF @OLS

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 21:46:23 EST

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> - Interface for preallocating hugetlbfs pages per node instead of system wide

We may want to get a bit higher level than that. General way of
controlling subsystem use on nodes. One wants to restrict the slab
allocator and the kernel etc on nodes too.

How will this interact with the other NUMA policy specifications?

> - architecture independent in-kernel API for enumerating CPU sockets with
> multicore processors (not sure if that's the same as your existing subject).

Not sure what you mean by this. We already have a topology interface and
the scheduler knows about these things.