Re: Linux Kernel include files

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 19:52:26 EST

> Cdrtools ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/ offer support for an OS
> dependent SCSI transport. Cdrtools cannot be compiled wihout support for SCSI
> transport, so it is impossible to use Sun Studio to compile cdrtools.
>
> Why does this happen?
>
> Well, the reason is that in order to support Linux specific features, you need
> to include Linux specific include files (the Linux kernel include files).

I assume you typoed and meant "cleaned up kernel include files as
installed by make headers_install" instead.

> As
> these include files are currently not written in vanilla (ANSI) C but in a
> GCC-C-variant, other compilers do not like these include files.

can you give a specific example of a header installed by make
headers_install that breaks this way and is hurting you? Because it may
well be possible to fix the problems, now that we have this special
cleanup phase since several releases....