From: Alexandre Oliva
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 00:31:51 EST

On Jun 20, 2007, david@xxxxxxx wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> We already know the vendor doesn't care about the user, so why should
>> we take this into account when analyzing the reasoning of the vendor?

> no, we don't know this. you attribute the reason for the lockdown to
> be anti-user. others view it as being pro-user becouse it lets the
> user get functionality that they wouldn't have access to otherwise.

Yeah, yeah, now please put your hands to the back such that I can
place your handcuffs, such that you can't use your hands to kill
someone. Well, you might still be able to use your hands for this
purpose if you're really clever, or you can kill people by other
means. But at least I'll be able to claim that I did my part.

:-/

FSF Latin America Board Member http://www.fsfla.org/