Re: [BUG] ide dma_timer_expiry, then hard lockup

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 12:31:06 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
Indeed... but the thing is we don't know what's asserted in this case -- remember, it's reading the status register that locks everything up...

Exactly. And IORDY shouldn't really apply there,
unless some nitwit standards person wrote it into a spec..

Could it be we need to reset the state machine at this point before we
touch the registers again - that wouldn't be the first controller with
this limit and undocumented.

On the 370 we already

Yeah, that could be. And because IORDY pin becomes DSTROBE for UltraDMA it might have stuck low due to this (if the chip never asserted STOP)...

Alan

MBR, Sergei