From: Nicolas Mailhot
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 02:37:13 EST

> > But you're not the user of the software on my laptop. I am.
>
> ahh, but by your own argument you aren't
>
> the software on your laptop is owned by people like Linus, Al Viro, David
> M, Alan Cox, etc.

More accurately according to the GPL v2 theory Linus advanced the laptop
you paid is a shared property of the laptop manufacturer (who can
install whatever he likes without your input thanks to DRM) and the
kernel developper (who gets the source code).

You as end-user are only there to give this technical elite the money
they need to continue their activities (I'm forcing the point? Find me
one anti-GPL-v3 message in this thread that acknowledged the buyer/user
had any right)

This thanks to DRM which was not provided for when GPL v2 was written
and has been retroactively declared kosher.

--
Nicolas Mailhot