Re: [patch-mm 00/25] High resolution timer updates and x86_64support - V2

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 21:56:30 EST

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 16:06 -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:36:00 -0000, Thomas Gleixner said:
> > The following patch series contains:
> >
> > - dyntick bugfixes for -mm (caused by the cpuidle changes in ACPI)
> >
> > - updates and improvements to high resolution timer / dynticks
> >
> > - high resolution timer / dynticks support for x86_64
>
> Am running with the 22-rc4-mm2-hrt4 patch on my Latitude D820. Mostly seems
> to work, but for some reason the Intel 'powertop' util thinks it's 100% busy:
>
> PowerTOP version 1.7 (C) 2007 Intel Corporation
>
> Cn Avg residency (5s) P-states (frequencies)
> C0 (cpu running) (100.0%)
> C1 0.0ms ( 0.0%) 2.00 Ghz 0.0%
> C2 0.0ms ( 0.0%) 1.67 Ghz 0.0%
> C3 0.0ms ( 0.0%) 1333 Mhz 0.0%
> 1000 Mhz 100.0%
>
> In reality:

looks like something broke the /proc/acpi/processor/*/power file
data....

can you check in that file to see if there is actual C-state time
accounting going on?
(it is in mainline, so if it's not then it's an -mm or -hrt bug)

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org