Re: 2.6.22-rc5 regression

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 18:58:24 EST

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Carlo Wood wrote:

> Conclusion: the weird behaviour that you think was wrong is
> totally due to git 1.4.4.4.

Ok. I'll bounce a note to Junio just due to curiosity in case he goes
"ahh, yeah, it was that known bug", but I'll otherwise ignore this.

Git-1.5.x is such a radically better version (not because it fixes this
bug, but because we fixed a number of other issues, notably some very
basic usability things), that I think any git users should really upgrade
to a newer version.

IOW, there's simply no reason to stay on anything older (git has always
been backwards compatible since very early on, so upgrading to a newer
version of git won't break anything, although some of the new UI's might
obviously cause you to do things differently).

> I'll redo the bisect with this new git.

Thanks,

Linus