From: Al Viro
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 16:39:21 EST

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:08:52PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> You point out reasons you dislike the particular wording (good, can
> you relay them to gplv3.fsf.org, please?), but nowhere do you show
> where such provisions hamper the tit-for-tat goal that Linus likes
> about GPLv2 and claims to be the reason he chose v2. In fact, I've
> shown evidence that anti-Tivoization increases this tit-for-tat.
> Still, v2 is preferred over v3 under these grounds. How can it be?

It's not about particular wording. It's about disgust at that kind of
games in general. Now bugger off and stop deliberately misparsing what
I said.

Oh, and could you please lose the "Free Software Evangelist" bit in your
sig when posting on l-k? Unless you want to get the treatment normally
reserved for evangelist pests, that is... Your personal kinks are your
personal kinks; kindly keep your religion to consenting partners.