RE: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

From: David Schwartz
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 15:49:25 EST

> On Thursday 14 June 2007 22:47, David Schwartz wrote:

> > The GPL does not require it to be easy in fact to modify the piece of
> > software.

> Yes it does, section 3: "The source code for a work means the
> preferred form
> of the work for making modifications to it." It then even lists that you
> need to provide all the scripts and stuff you use to make it easy for you.

> Come on, *READ* the GPL, before you argue.

Nice job quoting me out of context. For the record, here is the context, and
it addresses your criticism already:

"The GPL does not require it to be easy in fact to modify the piece of
software. It just requires that you have the right to modify it, that is,
that there be no legal obstacles in your way. You are entitled to the source
code in modifiable, understandable form. There are no legal restrictions,
other than those in the GPL and in the law, on what you can do with it."

DS