RE: Question about scheduling in 2.4.20

From: Ravinandan Arakali \(rarakali\)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 14:03:22 EST

Hi,
I notice with our version, it's running 2.4.20 but has the O(1)
scheduling patch.

Specifically, we see that the process sleeps inside an ioctl for more
than 3 secs,
wakes up, comes out of the blocking call and is immediately scheduled
out. After
this, it's not scheduled for next 4 secs.
Does this look like a fairness/starvation issue ?

Thanks,
Ravi