Re: ext2 on flash memory

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 12:32:57 EST

On Fri, 15 June 2007 18:20:01 +0200, DervishD wrote:

> > > Now seriously, I will take a look at LogFS from time to time, and if
> > > you want me to, I can do tests on my Kingston DT.
> >
> > That would be appreciated. I am always happy about bug reports. The
> > more you test the faster I can fix things.
>
> I'm going to upgrade to 2.6.20.x next week, probably, but I'm not
> fully sure. Can your patch be applied to 2.6.19.5 or different versions
> are needed for each and every latest kernel release? I've seen the code
> in your web and looked like it will work in any 2.6.x kernel as long as
> it is not very old, am I wrong?.

It should, I just haven't tested it. Same for the I_SYNC patch.

> If it can be used with 2.6.19.5, I can test ASAP even if I don't
> upgrade to 2.6.20.x. I cannot reboot my machine until Monday (except if
> a power shortage does the job for me, of course), but then I'll patch my
> kernel and test LogFS. I'm impatient!

Just try the patches. If both apply without rejects, things should be
fine. Otherwise I'll have to take a look.

JÃrn

--
The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of
his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full