Re: ext2 on flash memory

From: DervishD
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 12:22:50 EST

Hi Jörn :)

* Jörn Engel <joern@xxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> On Fri, 15 June 2007 00:46:46 +0200, DervishD wrote:
> > When do you think it will be included mainstream?
>
> I am horrible at predictions, doubly so when concerning the future.
>
> Several people believe it is good enough for -mm inclusion now. So it
> might make it for 2.6.23 or 2.6.24.

I don't really give a heck about that, because I will be using that
pendrive only in my system, but I think that pendrives are pretty common
nowadays, and using FAT with them is a waste. I don't like losing my
metadata just because I have to copy my data on a pendrive. So it's good
to see this filesystem mainstream'ed, it will be very good for small
distros (specially now that most of mobos allow booting from USB
sticks).

A pity that my digital camera won't want to use LogFS :((

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado