Re: Linux Servers comparison with Windows 2003 servers for Gaming

From: Renato S. Yamane
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 10:36:05 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:42:50 +0530
How much better performance i will get?

How long is a piece of string. Given you don't give any hardware info,
any info on the applications run or on the network and capacity expected
its a bit hard to guess really.

Detail: I think that is a good idea if hard-users (as kernel developers) had a local to host yours .config file, specifying hadware.

E.g. I have a laptop Toshiba M45-S355 (with ReiserFS) and don't have experience to choose what I can remove from kernel (or compile as module/built-in).

So, is a great idea use pre-config file to compile a new kernel with best options.

My .config file (2.6.21.1) and lspci is attached.

Best regards,
Renato S. Yamane