Re: drm: fix radeon setparam on 32/64 bit systems.

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 05:28:58 EST

On Friday 15 June 2007, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > Only on i386. I think you just broke ppc32-on-ppc64.
>
> Indeed... I'm pretty sure the 64 bits quantity will be naturally aligned
> on ppc32 (and possibly others).

Ok, I'll bite. I've been telling people for ages what the right solution
for this is, but apparently sometimes you need to do it yourself if you
want to have it done well ;-)

Patch follows to introduce compat_u64. Please redefine your data
structure as

typedef struct drm_radeon_setparam32 {
int param;
compat_u64 value;