From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 16:19:04 EST

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> I see what you mean. IANAL, but I don't think that's how it works.

Why the hell do you keep saying that?

There *are* lawyers who have said that what Tivo did was legal. They were
the FSF's own lawyers. So now you're saying "I am not a lawyer, but that's
not right".

So you're trying to state some legal point, admitting that you're not a
lawyer, and admitting that actual real-life lawyers disagree with you?

So please explain why the *hell* you would expect us to take your points
seriously?

Linus