From: Alexandre Oliva
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 13:38:30 EST

On Jun 14, 2007, "Alan Milnes" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed - if you want to take my work you are welcome as long as you
> contribute back your changes. That's the deal that GPL2 enforces and
> why it has been so successful.

Where did you get this impression that GPLv2 enforces this deal?

It doesn't, and this is *exactly* why I dispute the claim that GPLv2
is tit-for-tat.

> GPL3 is a very different beast with a much wider agenda,

The agenda is *precisely* the same: ensure that all users are free to
modify and share the licensed software.

FSF Latin America Board Member http://www.fsfla.org/