Re: ext2 on flash memory

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 13:21:18 EST

JÃrn Engel schrieb:
On Mon, 11 June 2007 13:53:00 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
jffs2 only works on mtd devices, and that excludes pendrives, which are block devices. I know LogFS will work with block devices one day, but currently, it doesn't (and is not in the kernel yet as well).

Actually, LogFS does work on block devices now. Performance on hard
disks is quite bad. Hopefully that becomes untrue just as fast as your
slightly outdated claim. :)

Cool, does it mean we have the first Linux filesystem supporting compression, which can be used on USB-sticks (I don't count old ext2+compression patches)? :)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org