floppy1?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 08:37:38 EST

Greetings folks;

Kernel is 2.6.22-rc4, no other patches.

dmesg seems to be being spammed by variations of the following theme,
variations because it could and has said floppy0 also.

floppy1: floppy timeout called
end_request: I/O error, dev fd1, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device fd1, logical block 0

floppy driver state
-------------------
now=523329925 last interrupt=523326926 diff=2999 last called handler=f9a2e2ef
timeout_message=floppy start
last output bytes:
0 90 523326925
13 90 523326925
0 90 523326925
1a 90 523326925
0 90 523326925
3 90 523326925
c1 90 523326925
8 90 523326925
7 90 523326925
1 90 523326925
8 82 523326926
e6 80 523326926
1 90 523326926
0 90 523326926
0 90 523326926
1 90 523326926
2 90 523326926
9 90 523326927
2a 90 523326927
ff 90 523326927
last result at 523326926
last redo_fd_request at 523326925
21 0
status=50
fdc_busy=1
do_floppy=f9a29331
fd_timer.function=f9a2b1aa
cont=f9a325cc
current_req=d24fa0b0
command_status=-1

floppy1: floppy timeout called
end_request: I/O error, dev fd1, sector 0

There is not, and has not been for weeks, a disk in either drive, floppy1
being a 5.25" drive I use for legacy sneakernet stuffs. However I see these
messages intermittently now for the last several kernel builds, reaching back
to the 2.6.21 time frame IIRC.

Is this something that should be looked at?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)