Re: [2/2] 2.6.22-rc4: known regressions v3

From: Mark Fortescue
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 06:31:01 EST

Hi All,

They apear as soon as simpleinit starts up. Somtimes I get to a login prompt before seeing any. Other times, commands in the simpleinit rc script fail.

They do apear to be random. If a command failes, you re-run the command and it is OK. Commands seen to fail are basic (depmod, rm cat ..).

The test I did use the same binaries with both the OK and problem kernels so it is not a change to the application code, it is definatly a kernel issue.

Regards
Mark Fortescue.