Re: [RFC/PATCH] Documentation of kernel messages

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 22:55:30 EST

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:04:56 PDT, Joe Perches said:

> I believe it better to simply add __FILE__ & __LINE__ to the
> macro rather than some other externally specified unique
> identifier that adds developer overhead and easily gets stale.

There's been plenty of times I've wished for that. Now if we just found a way
to do something sane for drivers/net/wireless/mac80211/iwlwifi/base.c ;)

Of course, I'm probably atypical - for me, kernel messages come in two forms,
the kind that are immediately obvious at first reading, and the kind that
you end up having to look at the code and wonder WTF? it was doing inside
that never-should-happen-on-this-hardware while loop in the first place... :)