Re: DRI/AGP on AMD64 based machine

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 21:17:59 EST

On 6/14/07, Carlo Wood <carlo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:29:25PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> For the sake of AGP, we only use the on-CPU GART.
> The (nvidia) chipset one is ignored.
>
> If amd64-agp isn't working for you, attach your dmesg.
> (You can also confirm its working by running testgart[1])

Hi Dave, I have an amd64 box for which every kernel
after 2.6.18 hangs during boot, so I have no dmesg :(

I used git bisect to find out where the problem patch is,
and assuming bisect works (imho it jumped between versions
very weirdly: closing in on the last 6 revisions, it
jumped from 2.6.18 to 2.6.18-rc2 to 2.6.18-rc6), the problem
is a patch in intel-agp.c, where support for the intel 965G
is added (which I have).

How do you have a 965G in an amd64 box? does not compute.

Dave.