Re: [Processor] Hi-Temperature showed in trip points

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 19:11:24 EST

Renato S. Yamane wrote:
Hi,
I have a laptop Toshiba M45-S355 (with Intel Pentium M Processor 750 - 1.86GHz) and trip points show me hi-temperature (that is unsupported by this processor):

$ uname -a
Linux mandachuva 2.6.21.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun May 20 22:28:53 BRT 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZCL/trip_points
critical (S5): 105 C

MAX temperature suported by this processor is 100°C (I see this in Intel specifications), so I think that is not very good idea allow temperatures higher than 100°C.

That trip point comes from the BIOS.. likely complain to Toshiba, if anyone. Likely the CPU itself will start throttling or shut down well before that temperature is reached.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx