Re: Problem with http URL for stable git tree?

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 16:34:54 EST

Tim Bird wrote:
I'm behind a firewall that doesn't allow it. Luckily, the
firewall has some holes to allow me ssh access to a few
external machines. It looks like I can use a "git:" url on a
box outside the firewall, then clone that to inside Sony
with a "git+ssh:" url.

I'll do that, unless someone else has a better suggestion.
Pushes and pulls will be two steps each, but at least it works.
-- Tim

I thought there was a switch somewhere to override the command executed on the other machine? You could try pulling from the machine outside the firewall via ssh, and changing the command from git-upload-pack to another ssh command to connect to kernel.org and invoke git-upload-pack there. That should bounce the connection off the one machine you can ssh to outside the firewall.