Re: [patch 0/3] AHCI Link Power Management

From: Kristen Carlson Accardi
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 11:59:39 EST

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:40:15 +0900
Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think the end result will vary in any significant way. My
> biggest argument for sw implementation is it can be used for other
> controllers.

What I had in mind when I created the new port operation "enable_pm"
was that other controllers (besides the ahci controller) could define their
own method of enabling power management. Maybe for non-ahci controllers this
is a software based solution which uses generic SATA dipm/hipm stuff and
polling.

See patch 2/3 of this series for the implementation of this.

Kristen