allocation failed: out of vmalloc space - use vmalloc=<size> toincrease size.

From: Jon Dufresne
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 09:29:53 EST

I am writing a linux kernel driver for a custom pci device. I am
developing against the stock fedora 6 kernel on an x86. This device has
512 MB of IO memory reserved by BAR 3. Whenever I try to ioremap this
space I get the error:

allocation failed: out of vmalloc space - use vmalloc=<size> to increase
size.

I think I understand why this is happening. I obviously don't have
enough vmalloc space to map such a large chunk of memory. I have been
using Corbet's et el's "Linux Device Drivers", Love's "Linux Kernel
Development", and many websites as a guide in this development process
but have yet to come across information that will help me.

I'm curious if there is a way around this issue. Or a better way of
handling it so that I can properly map the entire io memory space.

Thanks for any help,
Jon