Re: [linux-usb-devel] ThinkPad T41 - Strange USB 2.0 behaviour

From: Robert de Rooy
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 01:58:02 EST

Alan Stern wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Robert de Rooy wrote:

Yes that works.
I tried to plug and unplug the device repeatedly and each time it came up in full-speed mode.

Good! I'm glad that "companion" attribute file has come in handy for someone. :-)

Alan Stern

Any way of passing this as a boot parameter? Because I also encountered this when trying to boot Linux from a USB CD-ROM drive. The BIOS part worked fine, but the moment Linux loaded USB support it failed, due to the same problem. This is also why I asked if this failure mode could be handled automatically.