Re: [shm][hugetlb] Fix get_policy for stacked shared memory files

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 00:47:56 EST

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 09:30:20PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Can we just double-check the refcounting please?

The refcounting for mpol's doesn't look good in general. I'm more
curious as to what releases the refcounts. alloc_page_vma(), for
instance, does get_vma_policy() which eventually takes a reference,
without ever releasing the reference it acquires. get_vma_policy()
itself uses a similar idiom to that used in aglitke's patch. I think
mpol refcounting needs to be addressed elsewhere besides this patch.

-- wli