Re: mm: memory/cpu hotplug section mismatch.

From: Yasunori Goto
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 21:51:08 EST

> > If CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=n __meminit == __init, and if
> > CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=n __cpuinit == __init. However, with one set and the
> > other disabled, you end up with a reference between __init and a regular
> > non-init function.
>
> My plan is to define dedicated sections for both __devinit and __meminit.
> Then we can apply the checks no matter the definition of CONFIG_HOTPLUG*

I prefer defining "__nodeinit" for __cpuinit and __meminit case to
__devinit. __devinit is used many devices like I/O, and it is
useful for many desktop users. But, cpu/memory hotpluggable box
is very rare. And it should be in init section for many people.

This kind of issue is caused by initialization of pgdat/zone.
I think __nodeinit is enough and desirable.

Bye.

--
Yasunori Goto