Re: [patch-mm 00/23] High resolution timer updates and x86_64 support

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 18:43:56 EST

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Mark,

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 18:46 -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
Do you know if there's anything specific in there that would fix
the start-up race condition with HRTIMERS on my machine here
(previously discussed, yet unresolved)?

It still happens sporadically on boot-up -- maybe one in 10 boots without
any change in the kernel binary..

on which kernel version ?

Originally back with 2.6.21, but more recently on kernels as new as 2.6.22-rc3.

For now, I've simply grabbed your new patchset and applied it to 2.6.22-rc4-git*,
and I'll cry out again if the problem should recur with your latest stuff.

Thanks.