Re: [RFD] Documentation/HOWTO translated into Japanese

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 07:37:35 EST

On 06/11/2007 01:28 PM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:

Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please don't say that -- I perfectly understood what you were saying and as such it was of perfect use. There's a large number of non-native English speakers around the Linux kernel and noone is expected to write flawless English (that's including native speakers in fact).

Getting a native speaker to clean up grammer and spelling is fine ofcourse as it's makes for a lower effort read for many others but please don't say

Case in point -- s/it's/it/

that something which isn't flawlessly spelled is of no use. As long as the content is clear, it's of great use!

Thank you.

But I know my grammar-check skill is not so good. I should make it better.
I always thank all commenters who fix my sentences.

It used to be customary at least on usenet to add "(sp?)" to a word you weren't certain about but it never worked for me. When I indicated I wanted to be acked/naked like that I really did but it was always just ignored. That in itself is enough indication of how deeply people care about spelling in technical content...

Rene.