From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Sun Jun 10 2007 - 10:22:15 EST

debian developer wrote:
On 6/10/07, david@xxxxxxx <david@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Tarkan Erimer wrote:

>> > And maybe another questions should be : How long a copyright owner can
>> > hold the copyright, if died or lost for sometime ? if died, the
>> > copyright still should be valid or not ? If lost, what the law orders at
>> > this point for copyright holding ?
>>
>> I believe that in the US it's life + 90 years.
>>
>> David Lang
> Hmm... Really,it is damn too much time to wait! It's really better idea to
> replace the code of this person as said before instead of waiting such 90+
> years!

exactly, however as others are pointing out, there are a lot of active
developers who do not agree with some of the key points of the GPLv3
(including Linus), so until you convince them that the GPLv3 is better it

Last heard, Linus was quite impressed with the toned down version of
the final draft of GPLv3. I think Linus, and other major developers
should make their stand on this issue clear so that the kernel
community can discuss the future steps.
Yep, the GPLv3 probably will release around July time. So;luckily, we had very little time to see the final decision about it :-) I hope we should upgrade to GPLv3 and Sun should "Dual License" the OpenSolaris via GPLv3 (or at least,GPLv3 should be CDDL compatible.). So,we should have more fruits (like ZFS,DTrace etc.) ;-)