Re: missing elfconfig.h

From: Rich Chase
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 15:26:18 EST

Sam,
Thanks for the feedback. I need more ideas. See

wrote:
> > An Apparent bug:
> > version 2.6.21.3
> > missing the file ./scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
>
> To build an external module you need to point to a
> directory where a fully build kernel is placed.
>
> You could do a full build and then a "make clean",
> this would still let you build external modules.
>
> In your case the kernel was not build.
> And to build modpost you need to execute "make
> modules" from the kernel top-level directory.

Actually, yes, the kernel was fully built, and I had
booted into it. I had not performed any "make
mrproper", or anything like that, either. I didn't
even "make clean".

> > I noticed this when trying to compile a 3rd party
> > module. Maybe this is intended. Not sure.
>
> Anything that is available public?
> Could take a quick look at the Makefile +
> build instructions.

Yes, I was attempting to compile gspcav1, a webcam
driver. It can be found at:
http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

Again, Thanks.
Rich