Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 01:46:56 EST

Hi,

As we know the forthcoming GPL V3 will be not compatible with the GPL V2 and Linux Kernel is GPL V2 only.
So, another point is, which is previously mentioned by Linus and others, that if it is decided to upgrade the Linux Kernel's License to GPL V3, it is needed the permission of all the maintainers permission who contributed to the Linux Kernel and there are a lot of lost or dead maintainers. Which makes it impossible to get all the maintainers' permission.
But; if the Linux kernel should Dual-Licensed (GPL V2 and GPL V3), it will allow us the both worlds' fruits like code exchanging from other Open Source Projects (OpenSolaris etc.) that is compatible with GPL V3 and not with GPL V2 and of course the opposite is applicable,too.

So;at this situation, what is possibility to make the Linux Kernel Dual-Licensed as I mentioned above and what is your opinions and suggestions about this idea ?

Regards,

Tarkan Erimer