[patch] CFS scheduler, -v16
From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 15:59:38 EST
i'm pleased to announce release -v16 of the CFS scheduler patchset.
The rolled-up CFS patch against v2.6.22-rc4, v2.6.22-rc4-mm2, v188.8.131.52
or v184.108.40.206 can be downloaded from the usual place:
-v16 includes smaller fixes. Continued work on precise /proc CPU
accounting of both SCHED_OTHER and RT tasks by Dmitry Adamushko and
Balbir Singh. Reniced tasks should now disturb nice-0 tasks even less.
Also, i have changed SCHED_BATCH back to its current mainline meaning
and have added a SCHED_IDLEPRIO instead (first introduced by Con Kolivas
Changes since -v15:
- more /proc CPU stats accounting improvements (Dmitry Adamushko,
- fix SCHED_BATCH (reported by Con Kolivas)
- update_load_fair() - use 64-bit arithmetics (Dmitry Adamushko)
- fix RT->NORMAL accounting issue raised by Srivatsa Vaddagiri: have
correct exec_start stamping. (Dmitry Adamushko)
- check for negative deltas in task_sched_runtime() (Dmitry Adamushko)
- check for large forward-jumping sched_clock()
- cleanup: remove task_struct :: last_ran (Dmitry Adamushko)
- /proc/sched_debug printk fixes (Andrew Morton)
- add SCHED_IDLEPRIO
- consolidate the granularity settings and make them scale together
- improve /proc/sched_debug output
- remove the yield workarounds - the default seems to be working now.
- introduce lower and upper limits for the granularity tunables.
Setting them to zero accidentally broke nice levels.
- various small fixes/cleanups
As usual, any sort of feedback, bugreport, fix and suggestion is more
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/