Re: 2.6.22-rc4-mm1

From: Kay Sievers
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 12:36:52 EST

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 08:51 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:31:18AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > Yeah, that sounds odd, it should have worked.
> >
> > yup, yellowdog 4.1 on a mac g5:
> >
> > gregkh-driver-block-device.patch applied, CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y:
> > http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/s5000552.jpg
>
> Ugh.
>
> Kay, any thoughts? Does switchroot need to have the --movedev option
> removed for some reason?

Hmm, no idea, /sys/block should not have changed with
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y. And it works fine for Michal and FC7.

Alan Stern mentioned the --movedev option with its customized initramfs,
or did other people report something similar?

Peter, any idea what it could be, that goes wrong on Andrew's box, or
how to look for what exactly is going wrong?
http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/s5000552.jpg
Seems that yellowdog uses RH's nash.

Thanks,
Kay