Re: serio interface

From: Tilman Schmidt
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 06:21:33 EST

/me wrote:
> Have a look at drivers/isdn/gigaset/ser-gigaset.c if you like,
> a driver for an ISDN adapter attached via RS232.
>
> This is currently implemented as a line discipline, but I consider
> that a hack. [...]
> The serio approach used by input/mouse/sermouse.c might provide a
> more sensible way of driving that kind of device.

Apparently it won't. As I have learned in the meantime, the serio
mechanism in turn just uses a line discipline to actually attach
itself to the serial port. So the line discipline interface
remains "the" way to write a layered driver on top of RS232.

Thanks,

--
Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@xxxxxxx
Bonn, Germany