Re: warning while building module.

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 02:38:44 EST

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:57:25PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 10:15:58AM +0530, Tej Parkash wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> > while building module i was getting following warning and it terminate
> > module building stage
> The below are only warnings and your build should succeed.
>
> It is obviously i386 - is it a clean allmodconfig or any changes?
> Is it latest -linus or some older version of the codebase?
Did an allmodconfig build of i386 - I see (almost) all warnings here.
So I will take a look based on this.

The MODPOST stage took a while but it proceeded with no hick-ups.
MDOPSOT deals with ~2000 modules in my case and that consumes a bit
of memory. Maybe you are hitting the limit with respect to available RAM / SWAP?

Sam