Re: kconfig: error out if recursive dependencies are found

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 20:39:04 EST

Hi,

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> if (sym->flags & SYMBOL_CHECK) {
> - printf("Warning! Found recursive dependency: %s", sym->name);
> + fprintf(stderr, "%s:%d:error: found recursive dependency: %s",
> + sym->prop->file->name, sym->prop->lineno, sym->name);
> return sym;
> }

If it were that simple to print the location, I had done it already. :)
Try this:

config FOO
bool
select BAR
depends on BAR

config BAR
bool

I looked into this before, for simple properties one could just remember
the last checked property via a static variable. The problem are the
selects which are checked before that loop, here the information from
where they were selected is not available anymore (at least not easily).

bye, Roman