Re: nfsd/md patches Re: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans

From: Neil Brown
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 05:53:09 EST

On Tuesday May 1, hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> apropos nfsd patches, what's the merge plans for my two export ops
> patch series?

Still sitting in my tree - I've had my mind on other things
(nfs-utils, portmap....) and let them slip - sorry.

I think also there was an unanswered question about the second series
(there first I am completely happy with).

> Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:34:53 +1000
>
> My only question involves motivation.
>
> You say "less complex", but to me it just looks "different" - though
> being very familiar with the original, that might be a biased view.
> Can you say more about how it is less complex?
> Maybe the extension to generic 64bit support will make that clear...
>
> But then generic 64bit support should just be an independent set of
> helper functions that can be plugged in to the export_operations
> structure.

It think I programmed myself to use a reply to that to be my wake_up
to forwarded them on, and forgot to register a timeout handler....

NeilBrown