Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Critical points about kernel 2.6.21 andpseudo-authorities

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 11:58:09 EST

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Uwe Bugla wrote:

> "If you want to change something, it's not fine to be entirely polite all the time:"

"entirely polite all the time" is totally different from "cannot _ever_
be polite".

Also, quite frankly, in order to be impolite, you have to build up a
certain amount of street-cred first. For example, Al Viro can afford to be
very abrasive, because he's pretty much shown over the years that every
single time he flames somebody, he's right.

Anyway, I'll get out of the discussion. There's clearly some personality
issues in the DVB area, and I don't know quite _why_ that is, but Uwe,
you're definitely not helping.

Linus