Re: I give up

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 11:10:37 EST

On Wednesday 11 April 2007, Phillip Susi wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I violently agree on that point, but the limited conversations I've
>> had with the tar maintainer so far indicates that AFAHIC, its linux
>> that's broken. A new device number is a new disk and must be treated
>> as such.
>
>Sumbit a patch adding an option to ignore the device number, and slap
>him around a bit with a large trout ;)

Well, I made one pass at that, and blew it up with a 2 pound block of C4.
I know just enough about C to be dangerous, and my real C knowledge is
pretty much K&R.

As for the large trout, them are definitely on the hard to find list here
in WV. Now if I still lived in Rapid City S.D., this time of the year is
a great time to pick up the odd old hook nosed Brown Trout that might go
as high as 8 or 9 pounds and take up 30+ inches laying on your yardstick.
I had 2 such on my stringer about 40 years ago one late April day but
they got to fighting it, broke it and got away. I thought my wife, in
the other end of the boat, was going to throw me overboard to retrieve
them, but I don't swim well, don't even float, and the nearest solid
earth was 170 feet away, straight down... Fortunately for me she didn't.
Unfortunately, she had a stroke and died a year later, at age 34. I
still miss her, she was what you would call a good woman.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)