Re: I give up

From: John Anthony Kazos Jr.
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 08:25:36 EST

> >So fix tar to not do silly things.
> >Kernel major:minor numbers are not stable.
>
> YOU Tell the tar people, they are flabbergasted that linux is apparently
> the only unstable OS that tar can be run on.

Linux is not unstable. It's developmental! Linux is like one giant
international research project marching toward the future of computing.
MacOS (oh, how I miss System 7.5.5), Windows (shoot me, please), BSD
(wannabe GNU/Linux), and everything else are there just for companies to
spend money on and idiots to drool over until Linux is ready to stand up
and say "Yo. It's just bugfixes and improvements from here. You can put
the Legos down now."