Re: Poor UDP performance using 2.6.21-rc5-rt5

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 01:55:52 EST

* Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave Sperry wrote:
> >Hi
>
> (adding netdev to cc list)

in general (except of course those netdev folks that are interested in
-rt+networking performance matters) i'd suggest we analyze this in an
-rt specific way - netdev shouldnt have to bother about this.

> And I'm assuming nothing very different in the stats or errors through
> both runs?

one thing to check would be whether both kernels use the same
clocksource, via:

cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

but at first sight there's no clocksource related overhead in the
oprofile.

Ingo