Re: strange high system cpu usage.

From: Elliott Johnson
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 22:08:55 EST

Lee

Thanks for your help. In testing different kernels we found that using an unpatched kernel from kernel.org seems to fix the problem. I'm assuming that a patch added in the gentoo-sources patch set was creating the problem. Our once 8 minute untar is now down to 7-8 seconds with a vanilla 2.6.18.6 kernel.

If anyone is interested in our oprofile code or other info, just ask and I'll post it. Otherwise I'll be reporting this to the gentoo developers.

-E

=