Re: Why is arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig sourced when building foranother arch ?

From: Jan Glauber
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 12:21:04 EST

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 05:55 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> i'm betting the S390 folks would *really* hate that idea but, if you
> look closely, the generic Kconfig file *already* has some
> arch-dependent content:

> config CRYPTO_DEV_PADLOCK
> tristate "Support for VIA PadLock ACE"
> depends on X86_32 <-----

Yes, but the padlock driver is located under drivers/crypto. The s390
crypto stuff is not. It is under arch/s390/crypto, thats why the Kconfig
file is there...

Both solutions (the current and your proposed) are somehow ugly.
I don't care too much, where the Kconfig entries are, as long as it
works. So if you're interested in changing it go forward and post a
patch...

Jan