Re: [2.6 patch] the scheduled eepro100 removal

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 01:08:42 EST

On 3/28/07, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kok, Auke wrote:
Sounds sane to me. My overall opinion on eepro100 removal is that we're
not there yet. Rare problem cases remain where e100 fails but eepro100
works, and it's older drivers so its low priority for everybody.

Needs to happen, though...

It seems that several Tyan Opteron base system that were using IPMI
add on card. the IPMI card share intel 100Mhz nic onboard. you need
to use eepro100 instead of e100 otherwise the e100 will shutdown OOB
(out of Band) connection for IPMI when shut down the OS.

YH